12 Fascinating Things You Never Knew About Jeans
Written by Beatriz Sanchez
Jeans: you most likely wear them at least twice a week, but how much do you really know about this comfortable piece of clothing?
- They go well with everything
- They are flattering to any type of body
However, there's so much more to know. In fact, the ultimate wardrobe staple has a long, fascinating history that includes everything from red carpet moments to brushes with the law.
From the hilarious birth of the Canadian tuxedo to the year the very first pair of jeans was created, jeans have come a long way to become the ‘go to garment’ for people today.
1. On average, women these days own around seven pairs of jeans: slim jeans, straight cut jeans, low rise, mid-rise, high-rise, skinny jeans, boot cut. There are so many types!
2. Back in the day, the blue color of denim came from the indigo plant. However, now is mostly synthetic.
3. Levi’s created a denim tuxedo jacket for Bing Crosby in response to him being denied a hotel room in 1951 for wearing jeans.
4. In 2009 it was reported that blue jeans were banned in North Korea.
Click on the ‘Next Page’ to continue reading. What are your thoughts on this so far? Let us know what you think and make sure to SHARE this post with all of your Facebook friends.