16 True Facts About Famous Movie Scenes
Written by Hillary Nguyen-Don
If you’re a movie buff, chances are that you know a fair share of random movie facts. But no matter how well informed you are on the entertainment industry, there is bound to be a fact or two that you aren’t aware of. Some weird movie facts for example include:
- Harry Potter’s stunt double got seriously injured while filming
- Dinosaur noises are actually made by animals doing the nasty
- The kid from the Poltergeist actually got choked during a scene
Actors and directors take extreme caution on set but sometimes, freak accidents happen and there’s nothing you can do about it.
After reading this list, we’re sure that you’ll learn a thing or two about some of your favorite films.
1. Remember the terrifying sounds of the velociraptors communicating with each other in Jurassic Park? Well, they’re actually the sound of tortoises mating.
2. Can you imagine the shower scene from Psycho being more disturbing than it is? After director Alfred Hitchcock kept receiving backlash about certain scenes being too gory, he decided to release the movie in black and white instead.
3. O.J. Simpson was contemplated to play the Terminator. However, James Cameron didn’t pick him because he thought his persona was ‘too pleasant’ to portray such a dark character.
4. Remember the scene in Pulp Fiction where Vincent stabs Mia in the heart with a needle? Well, it was actually shot in reverse so in reality, John Travolta was pulling the needle out of her.