16 Things You Didn't Know About The Legendary Zsa Zsa Gabor
Written by Gavin Lee
After news broke yesterday that noted Hollywood socialite and actress Zsa Zsa Gabor had passed away at the age of 99, many were left contemplating the many ways in which she’d affected their lives. She was the embodiment of success when it came to fame and celebrity, coming to the United States in 1941 at the age of 24 and quickly rising to stardom.
Appearing in films such as:
- Moulin Rouge' (1952)
- 'Lili' (1953)
- 'Beauty and the Bullfighter' (1954)
Gabor’s flamboyant nature led her to be given cameo roles as herself before long. Zsa Zsa along with sisters Eva and Magda were the queens of Hollywood, known as the most glamorous celebrities around. They were constantly in the society pages for things they’d done or said, and were given acting roles just because of their fame.
Her life was chronicled inside and out just as the celebrities of today, with paparazzi following her everywhere she went. Even without social media, rumors of her activities would spread across the country. Here are some facts you may not have known about the legendary socialite.
1. She was born in Austria-Hungary, a country that was at the heart of World War I and was broken up in 1918 after being defeated. She continued to live in Hungary after it was dissolved.
2. Before ever setting foot on US soil, Gabor was a beauty pageant winner. Starting her career in the theatres of Vienna, she was crowned Miss Hungary in 1936.
3. She appeared on ‘This Is Show Business’ before ever gracing the silver screen. The talk show hosted by Clifton Fadiman was a fitting debut for a woman who would be known more for just being a celebrity than anything else.
4. Her first acting role was in ‘Lovely To Look At’, starring Kathryn Grayson and Red Skelton. Barely even on the poster, Gabor played the aptly named supporting role, Zsa Zsa.
Click on the ‘Next Page’ to continue reading. What are your thoughts on this so far? Let us know what you think and make sure to SHARE this post with all of your Facebook friends.