12 Beautiful And Stunning Underwater Portraits
Written by Carly Walker
Underwater photography is unlike anything you've ever seen, and Cheryl Walsh is an award-winning underwater photographer whose work is truly breathtaking.
- Is an Orange County, California based Underwater Fine Art Photographer.
- Has won multiple WPPI Print and Image Competition Awards in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
She uses surreal imagery to create different looks that look like they're from a fairytale. Walsh finds that working in water is a peaceful experience.
Walsh explains that the water adds a natural movement to the photos, and brings out the vivid colors of the costumes. Check out her work here.
1. This underwater photo is stunning, and is reminiscent of the Queen of Hearts from 'Alice in Wonderland'. Her pose looks as if she's falling down the rabbit hole, and the costume is exquisite.
2. This costume looks like a French Queen posing. The hair is perfect, and the outfit looks like renaissance royalty. She has even accessorized with a fan, and you would never guess this photo was taken underwater.
3. There is something very ethereal about Walsh’s underwater photography. This gorgeous photo is inspired by the ‘Día de Muertos’ or ‘Day of the Dead’ celebration. The skeletal makeup is finely detailed, and her pose is perfection.
4. This picture is incredible with the model being right below the surface. There is a soft beauty to this photo.
Click ‘Next Page’ to see more photos of her work. What are your thoughts so far? Let us know in the comments below and SHARE with your Facebook friends.